Daikin FTF50PRV16 Split 1.5 TR 5 Air Conditioner Review (RF50PRV16)
Air-conditioning Genius FTF50PRV16
|Technology Used||Non-Inverter AC|
Non-Inverter AC: Non inverter or Fixed speed air conditioning deliver a fixed amount of power via a fixed speed. This means the compressor has to stop and start to maintain the desired room temperature. This means that it operates either at full or minimum speed. Switching on this type of unit will start to run on full load thus consuming more power.
|Hot Cold Feature||Cooling Only|
Cooling Only: It is a great option for keeping the home cooled off during the hot summer days.
A ton is a measurement of heat transfer. One ton is equal to 12,000 BTU's(British thermal unit) per hour. It is derived from the amount of energy that it takes to melt one ton of ice in a twenty four hour period.
|EER - Cooling Mode (Company Specified)||3.6|
Energy Efficiency cooling mode value specified by manufacturer. This is the energy efficiency calculated while using the cooling mode of the air conditioner.
|Energy Star Rating||5|
|Warranty Terms||Warranty of one year on the main unit and 5 years compressor warranty|
|Amazon.in||₹ 41800 SELL INR 41800.00 9% off|
|FlipKart||₹ 42900 SELL INR 42900.00 7% off|
|SnapDeal||₹ 43210 SELL INR 43210.00 6% off|
|Paytm||₹ 44800 SELL INR 44800.00 3% off|
|Shopclues||₹ 45990 SELL INR 45990.00|
|Daikin||₹ 46000 SELL INR 46000.00|
|Infibeam||₹ 45636 OUTOFSTOCK INR 45636.00 1% off|
|Naaptol||₹ 45814 DISCONTINUED INR 45814.00|
If you need futher guidance regarding various things to consider while purchasing Air Conditioner, please read our Conzumr Guide
The tropical Indian summer is here. The temperatures will fluctuate from 24 degree C to almost 48 degree C across the continent. Life cannot stop due the peak summer season. Keep cool with Daikin FTF50prv16, a product of the Japanese air-conditioning genius that is now available in India.
Who Is Daikin
Daikin is a top global air-conditioning expert company based in Japan. Daikin Air-conditioning India Pvt Ltd (DAIPL) is a 100% subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd, Japan. With 11 branch offices, 15 sales offices, 4 warehouses, 22 supporting warehouses, over 2000 channel partners and over 200 authorized service providers it is simple to control the temperatures this summer.
Why Choose Daikin
Since its inception in 1924, Daikin has become the world number 1 HVAC company providing high quality and advanced air conditioning solutions for residential and commercial and industrial application.At Daikin, production policy ensures the environment is protected by reducing noise levels, lowering power consumption, easy installation, efficient cooling and by conservation of resources and waste management.
- Intelligent Eye: The infrared sensor detects the movement in the room and automatically controls the air conditioner according to the human movement. If there is no movement, it adjusts the temperature, which ultimately saves energy.
- PAM Control: This function reduces the energy loss.
- Silver Particle Antibacterial Filter: The filter is embedded with silver particles that are known to kill bacteria and de-odorize the air in the room. The filter is made with titanium oxide that absorbs and decomposes bacteria. The filter can be used up to three years with proper maintenance.
- Swing Compressor & Reluctance DC Motor: The swing compressor and DC motor offer a much higher efficiency.
- Sound levels: The low setting of the fan speed uses a wireless remote controller that decreases the indoor unit operating sound levels. The outdoor sound levels are also reduced when the rated operations are applied from the wireless remote controller.
- Powerful inverter: A 20 minute backup for cooling/heating is taken care of by the inbuilt inverter when you just turn on the air-conditioner or you change the room temperature.
- Dual Flaps: The power airflow dual flaps on Daikin FTF50PRV flatten during cooling operation which delivers cool air to every corner of the entire room. The flaps direct warm air to the floor during a heating operation.
- Night Mode: the timer button on the remote automatically selects the night set mode, which prevents excessive heating/cooling of the room. The perfect temperature gives you a sound, undisturbed sleep, which keeps you healthy, fresh and ready to go the next day
- Ease of installation: With service center for Daikin all over the country, Daikin FTF50PRV is easy to install as the service providers are there at your doorstep with the complete set of installation accessories that is required
- Service: The branches are spread across the country which ensures that the after sales service is provided to the buyer without any delay.
- Refrigerant: It is a fluid that is used in refrigerators and air-conditioners to remove heat from the inside and throw it out in the atmosphere. The FTF50PRV uses R-410 A- a refrigerant that is better in terms of ‘global warming’, safe and more energy efficient.
- Filter: The anti-bacterial filter keeps you safe and healthy as you breath in only clean, pure air. The titanium apatite photo-catalytic air purifying filter is optional
- Cost: The cost of Daikin FTF50PRV is at par with any other air-conditioner with the similar specifications. The plus point is the inverter technology, the sales services that are provided by DAIPL
- Warranty: Warranty of one year on the main unit and 5 years compressor warranty is the added advantage you get with Daikin FTF50PRV purchase
- Panel Display: Digital display on panel
- Fins: Anti-corrosion on the outdoor heat exchanger fins makes Daikin FTF50PRV ideal to install at locations with high humidity especially the sea facing buildings. The treated fins have a longer life which automatically extends the life of the air-conditioner which saves you maintenance expenses.
- Modes: The Econo mode runs the AC in economical mode thereby reducing the electricity consumption.
- Wings: The wide angle vents/wings ensure that the flow of cool air is equally distributed in the entire room which cools the room at every nook and corner.
Power and Capacity
The operating current is 6.6 A, power requirement is 230 V AC at 50 Hz. The power consumption is 1444 watts which makes Daikin FTF50PRV a great energy saverFTF50PRV is a 1.5 ton capacity split air conditioner with a built-in inverter so you need not worry when there is an electrical shutdown.
The Coanda airflow mode does not throw a draft, but air-conditions the entire room with a draft-less air conditioning giving a very peaceful, pleasant feel. The air circulation is 18.1 m3 per minute, which cools the room much faster, thereby saving on energy consumption and ultimately the electricity bill
Weight and Dimensions
The dimensions of the indoor unit are 1100 X 310 X 258 mm and weighs just 13 kg. The outdoor unit dimensions are 845 X 595 X 300 mm which makes it convenient to connect/install without the exterior of the building looking ugly
The indoor sound level is 44/41/35 H/M/L (dB) while the outdoor sound level is as low as 52 dB, which helps to control the sound pollution caused by most other brand air-conditioners.
Wall mountable, with its sleek and clear design Daikin FTF50PRV adds elegance to the room where it is installed. As of now Daikin FTF50PRV is available in white color only, but the material from which it is made is easy to clean.
The high-tech energy saving package called Daikin FTF50PRV will keep you cool this summer for sure. Check the prices in the various stores and online portals too. Understand your requirement of cooling and choose the air-conditioner that is smart to look at, lowers energy bills, protects the environment, looks elegant indoors and outdoors, comes with a warranty and efficient after sales services.